YOUR report on the beheading of people in Goilala (April 3) is sickening.
I am troubled by the lack of law and order in Goilala.
Where are the leaders of the district and what are they doing?
The following are the proposed measures that need urgent consideration:
- Better policing strategies for community police and village courts;
- More police presence in administrative stations:
- Strong police patrolling to uphold laws of the land;
- Take seriously into account health issues in Goilala;
- Set in place district health programs to address common killer diseases; and
- Set up district-wide awareness and education programs to cover law and order, health, entrepreneurship, etc.
These strategies will allow us to see the changes we dream of.
I wonder where Goilala MP Daniel Mona is as the community and stakeholders need his input.
Source: The National, Thursday 11th April, 2013